Find the answer to your Linux question:
when installing 2005 limited linux on my new pc it refuses to continue the installation after it fills up the loading bar. what to do to get there: boot from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

install issue

when installing 2005 limited linux on my new pc it refuses to continue the installation after it fills up the loading bar.

what to do to get there:
    boot from dvd, press enter to reinstall or install, loads up, stops there

after a half an hour i pressed esc, and it gave me "preceding" it seemed to be able to accept some unix commands [could type them in] but gave no action or response.

am i missing something? do i need to mkdir and give my self root access? i didnt need to do this with my other linux machine [suse10]

any help would be great, thanks in advance
    kevin

Just Joined!
    ok, after a good nights sleep.. i got to thinkin.. the dvd im using is the 32 bit version... i put in a 64 bit amd.. could this be the issue? im dl the new os now to see if it works.. any other thoughts?

Using a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit system will still work, most 64-bit pc's come with windows xp 32-bit preinstalled on them. i personally had the 32-bit version of Ubuntu on my 64-bit laptop for a while. Try the 64-bit version hope it works for you

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close