Find the answer to your Linux question:
i'm using mandriva 2006 i'm new to linux environment.......!!!!!!!!!!! i enterd into init 3 level and with root login i run: sh NVIDIA x-86.............. after i run i got the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

installing nvidia drivers

i'm using mandriva 2006

i'm new to linux environment.......!!!!!!!!!!!

i enterd into init 3 level and with root login i run: sh NVIDIA x-86..............

after i run i got the following..............

unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running kernel.please make sure you have installed the kernel source files for u kernel and that they are properly configured...

can u plz help me how to install the nvidia drivers........

Quote Originally Posted by harishbayyavarapu
    unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running kernel.please make sure you have installed the kernel source files for u kernel and that they are properly configured...
    The error is self-explanatory. Before you install the Nvidia drivers, you need to make sure you've installed the sourcecode for your kernel. You will also need gcc and make if you don't already have them.

In Mandriva, you should be able to install all of these using the "Add/Remove Software" section of Mandriva Control Center and your installation CDROMs.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    i'm infant in the world of linux.can u plz tell me ffrom where and how to install the sourcecode for the kernel.......i installed the gcc.

plz help me

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by harishbayyavarapu
    i'm infant in the world of linux.can u plz tell me ffrom where and how to install the sourcecode for the kernel.......i installed the gcc.

plz help me
    You need to go to Mandriva Control Center, then "Add/Remove Software", then do a search for "kernel". A lot of packages will come up. Open up a console window and type uname -a to see which kernel you're using. Match the name it gives you to one of the kernel source packages, and check that one to install it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants