Find the answer to your Linux question:
jsut booted up my madrixa pc for the first time in a week... it stops booting at "checking for new hardware" does the same thing in safemode, it will however ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

checking for new hardware

jsut booted up my madrixa pc for the first time in a week... it stops booting at "checking for new hardware" does the same thing in safemode, it will however let me boot into bootlevel 1... but if i try to chage the level to 2 or greater it gives me the same message.

if my memory serves me right there is a way to stop it from even looking for new hardware.. i dont remember where though. anyone have a clue?

specs for mandriva pc :

p4 2.8 ht
    2g ram (4200)
    ati x7oo pro
    asus mb
    tv capture card (ati)
    creative x sound card

all of the hardware listed above have worked before on this pc .. running the same os, madriva 2k6 = (

Press I for interactive Startup i think you can skip new hardware detection that way

you could try remove the hardware detection daemon for mandriva, i dont know what its called, similar to red hats kudua

SyN
    Just Joined!
    I have the same issue, i found unplugging any usb devices before boot works great.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/man...se-issues.html

Although this is huge problem and inconvinance every time I want to restart the system. But as yet I have found no cure for this issue.

Just Joined!
    yay, yea that works, thanks guys