Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I apologize in advance if this has been asked before; however, I am still very much new to Linux and have installed the latest version of Mandriva, the newest ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Connection from Linux laptop to Windows machine w/ ptr...

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before; however, I am still very much new to Linux and have installed the latest version of Mandriva, the newest 2006 version, on my Dell laptop.

Everything is running smoothly, which is better than I expected. I'm enjoying every minute of it. However, I do have an issue I need dire help with. I have this Linux laptop and another desktop computer. The desktop computer runs WinXP. Our printer is hooked up to this desktop and I'd like to be able to print documents/images wirelessly from my laptop to the printer. I have a wireless router setup, using a wireless PCMCIA card in my laptop, which works just fine. Before, when I had XP installed on this laptop, I would always print docs wirelessly and the desktop computer would spool the info and send the printouts. How can I do this here? I do have a bit of understanding of Samba, but I may be going the wrong way?

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Humean

Linux Newbie
    Once you have samba up and running use cups to install your printer via localhost:631 in your browser.
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux