Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to install Mandriva and after I hit enter it freezes. This occurs at the point I select language and it attempts to auto install drivers for my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I, too, Need help with install

I am trying to install Mandriva and after I hit enter it freezes. This occurs at the point I select language and it attempts to auto install drivers for my raid controller. I have a Raptor 150gb hard drive with 2 partitions for dual booting. The first partitions has xp home. I have alloted 10 gb partition for linux and it is formated using NTSF (should it be FAT32?).

Thanks

PC hardware:
    A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
    2GB Corsari Ram pc3200
    AMB 64 3400+
    Audigy 2 ZS Pro
    Hauppauge 150
    MSI 6800

Well Linux can't use NTFS partitions, but the Mandriva installer will reformat the partition (as ext3 I think, not even FAT) for you very easily. But the partitions on your drive shouldn't have any effect on earlier stages, but I've got no experience with RAID devices, so I'll leave it someone a little more qualified to give you a more detailed answer.

Toodle-oo
    Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

Just Joined!
    The point at which it stops is when "Installing driver for hard drive controller nVidia corporation|CK804 serial ATA Controller." There have not been any options to format the partition, however. Hope this tid bit of info helps. BTW, I did format it to FAT32 hoping it would help.