Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, i just configured my sound card crystal soundfunion with sndconfig, i haven't gotten a clue which software would go good with this configuration tool. dose anybudy know of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

what software would go good with sndconfig?

Hi there, i just configured my sound card crystal soundfunion with sndconfig, i haven't gotten a clue which software would go good with this configuration tool. dose anybudy know of any software would go good with this sndconfig?

What do you mean "would go with sndconfig"? Are you talking about a mixer program to control your volumes or a multimedia program to play music? More details please.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    What do you mean "would go with sndconfig"? Are you talking about a mixer program to control your volumes or a multimedia program to play music? More details please.
    yes i am talking about a mixer program to control my volume and meltimedia programs both. do you know where i can download one?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    There should already be a mixer installed on your Mandriva box. I believe Mandriva uses KDE, so the mixer would be named kmix. For multimedia there are quite a few possible programs: XMMS, Xine, Mplayer, Banshee, AmaroK, and Beep Media Player are just a few. Some (such as XMMS) may also already be installed on your machine.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    There should already be a mixer installed on your Mandriva box. I believe Mandriva uses KDE, so the mixer would be named kmix. For multimedia there are quite a few possible programs: XMMS, Xine, Mplayer, Banshee, AmaroK, and Beep Media Player are just a few. Some (such as XMMS) may also already be installed on your machine.
    the other part about KDE mixer is that. kmixer dosen't see the sound card set by sndcofig. why is that kmixer won't see the sound card ? it is a pic built right in, all settings are correct. could you tell me what didn't i do right?

Try running alsaconf from a console window.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Try running alsaconf from a console window.
    the problem with that when i installed alsaconf with rpm drake, typed in the termeral that is not showing up. i do have dma set and set the sound correctly. i did hear the sample of it on sndconfig, still having a problem with that. what is going with that?

Just Joined!
    I still can not configure my sound card with ALSACONF. my sound card isn't supported by this configuration tool. which means i can not run kmixer by kde. i only can run some type of sndconfig control volume. how come i'm having such a problem with this?