Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am relatively new to linux and mandriva and I am having some trouble installing KDevelop. Edit: I am using a fresh new install of Mandriva 2006 When I used ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't Install kdevelop

I am relatively new to linux and mandriva and I am having some trouble installing KDevelop.

Edit: I am using a fresh new install of Mandriva 2006

When I used the package installer I get "Sorry, the following package(s) can't be selected: kdevelop-3.2.2-3mdk" . When I first tried it, it went to install some required packages and then gave me the text I just mentioned.

When I tried urpmi kdevelop it said "blah blah so and so needs to be installed" which I did. Then it said "The following packages can't be installed because they depend on packages
    that are older than the installed ones:
    libqt3-devel-3.3.4-23mdk
    kdevelop-3.2.2-3mdk"

It asked me if I wanted to continue and then it said it couldnt install. Now when I use urpmi kdevelop I still get the "Following packages can't be installed.... blah blah" Continue? then it says"The packages are already installed" - which I ampretty sure they arent.

Suggestions?

I seem to remember having a similar problem installing Kdevelop, so I installed it from source. For some reason this worked! As you know installing from source can be quite hard sometimes.

The trouble was it took nearly an hour to compile.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Yea I tried doing that, but I have to install some other things first (which the packages also don't seem to be working for...), and I am quite a noob.

Anyone know how to get the kdevelop package to work like it is supposed to?