Find the answer to your Linux question:
Help would be greatly appreaciated if anyone can please advise Well, I tried to install Mandriva 2006 free version at boot, which halted with L 99 99 99 99 99 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux failed to boot after install

Help would be greatly appreaciated if anyone can please advise

Well, I tried to install Mandriva 2006 free version at boot, which halted with L 99 99 99 99 99 99 and so on recuring for about 250 times! had to use disk manager on a floppy to erase MBR with fdisk so I could get back into windows boot!!!

It could be my graphics card which is a GFORCE 6200 V+ with a Viewsonic X924 display using the DVI connector.

I tried to Install Linux Suse 10/1 but failed, as it booted after installing CD1 and it asked for CD1 and started all over again! and again, and again! oh well back to Windows 2000 again!

Ah that one! Well, the recurring 99 99s are because you have a boot partition which is greater than 1024 K ... your hard drive hates that. If your boot partition is much smaller then it will work. Nothing at all to do with your video card I promise you. Your problem is purely to do with partitioning issues.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso