Find the answer to your Linux question:
when i put linux mandrivia dvd in it goes to boot after choosing the option to install it goes to another screen it does what it needs to start insalizing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux installation problems

when i put linux mandrivia dvd in it goes to boot after choosing the option to install it goes to another screen it does what it needs to start insalizing then after it says coping to memory i get an fatal ar message saying it cant finish insalizing what do i do so i can install any help is greatly appreciated

Just Joined!
    Check the disk if it is running on other computer.f it is running Then there shouldbe a problem with you Ram....

Just Joined!

linux installation problems

ok i ran it on a friend s computer and it ran fine so its not the disk i have been having problems with my computer freezing for the last couple of months and thought it might have something to do with the ram but am not sure how to check it to see if it is the problem. also how much ram do you need to run mandrivia anyway i have 256mb on a compaq motherboard running 850 mhz proceser any sugestions.

That is plenty of ram however the ram it self may be going bad. Run memtest86 (found here http://www.memtest86.com/ ). Run it for about 12 hours or until it gets an error. If it is error free for 12 or even 24 hours then it isn't your RAM, however it should pick up on any ram problems if you have any.
    Registered GNU/Linux User #399198
    'Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.' -Steven Wright

Just Joined!
    I'm having the same problem. But I also got another one! How do you start memtest? I've unpacked it, but that's as far as I get. The readme file isn't helping me.