Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sorry to ask this as I have no clue when it comes to RPMs... I'm trying to install Bluefish and I got an RPM. I try to run it and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RPM Dependancy - Bluefish

Sorry to ask this as I have no clue when it comes to RPMs... I'm trying to install Bluefish and I got an RPM. I try to run it and it says "Package(s) are already installed." So I try and find it, I do "whereis bluefish" and nothing. I look through the file list of the RPM and it says that the exe should be /usr/bin/bluefish and this file does not exist. So I try going from the command line and doing "rpm --force -i bluefish..." and it lists about 30 or so dependancies that need to be met. I'm just wondering, do I have to go through and install every one of them manually? I tried installing the first one through Rpmdrake and then came to found out that has yet another dependancy, and then its dependancy has an unsatisfied libexpat which means no more than blah to me. Is there something like Debian's apt that would just install all the dependancies for me and make it all simple? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks in advanced

Sounds ugly, but the Mandriva equivalent of apt is urpmi. This has a gui frontend and a command line aspect. Sometimes dependencies can be a complete nightmare. In theory - from a command line - you could type urpmi bluefish and it will install everything you need. In practice - it's not always perfect.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Well I will try it tonight and see. If this doesn't work I guess I'm going to go back to using Debian since its what I have more experience with.

Thanks so much for your help!