Find the answer to your Linux question:
how do i open a blocked port in mandriva using shorewall.i have tried it using iptables but it still did not open.please i need suggestions...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem with opening closed port

how do i open a blocked port in mandriva using shorewall.i have tried it using iptables but it still did not open.please i need suggestions

Hi - Which port are you trying to open? Shorewall has its own configuration file buried somewhere in your directory tree. In there you can specify which services the firewall allows.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

What do i need to do

Actually, what I want to achieve is this. I have two network cards on a mandriva 2006 server, one is configured for the local network and the other for the internet. I'm streaming videos using a video camera and the streaming is done on ports 1720, 16384,16386, 3230:3235. I'm able to view the streaming with the local network but systems connected to the internet(i mean to the internet interface were unable to view the streaming. I tried without firewall but i don't know how to open ports. I tried opening the ports using shorewall but nothing happened. I tried viewing the opened ports on my server using nmap command, and i discovered the ports are not among the opened ports.

I will appreciate if u can help me out.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close