Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'm tryin' to connect my linux pc to the office LAN but can't seem to get it. The office server is a windows DHCP server and I've already went ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how to connect mandriva to a windows server?

Hello,

I'm tryin' to connect my linux pc to the office LAN but can't seem to get it. The office server is a windows DHCP server and I've already went through the connection wizard at the communications config in Mandriva but still got no results. Anyone can help me?

thanx in advance

May be the Connection Sharing/Remote Desktop is turned OFF, it's usually done in XP-SP2 and above.

Try Activating that first...My Computer > Remote >> Allow users to connect...

Check that...and then may be you can connect..!!

Just Joined!

could it be because of the computer names???

Because my Mandriva got the server name just by giving him the IP address. :\ I'm thinking it might be some mix in names or something like that.

There's also a detail. My company's server uses an ISA server to connect to the internet, so there isn't any Gateway defined. Could it be because of this?

Probably due to gateway..!!

but are there more linux systems working there..??? If there are ...better look at them how they are configured..!!!

NO nothing mixing up of names coz DHCP is self assigning protocol.