Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings, Just installed Mandriva after a lengthy vacation from Linux so I am a little rusty. So here is my question... I installed the latest WINE for Mandriva to see ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WINE In Mandriva

Greetings,

Just installed Mandriva after a lengthy vacation from Linux so I am a little rusty. So here is my question...

I installed the latest WINE for Mandriva to see what Windows apps I could run. Installation went fine, but when I try to run WINE (any part of WINE), I get an error, "Could not generate a backtrace as the debugger 'gdb' was not found".

I couldn't find much online about it so the only thing I could think of was that maybe my user account doesn't have the rights to run it? During install, it did ask for the root permissions which I supplied.

Thanks for the help in advance,
    Gill

Just Joined!
    I'm having the exact same problem.

You need to find the package (RPM) containing the GNU debugger. This should solve your problem.
    Flies of a particular kind, i.e. time-flies, are fond of an arrow.

Registered Linux User #408794

Just Joined!
    Just for confirmation and to help out Gillivray is this what you are talking about?

Linux Newbie

Gdb

You don't say which version of MDV you installed, but that package is included in the default installation discs for MDK 10.2 (2005LE)