Find the answer to your Linux question:
I get the 3 free cds off the net. (mandrivas site) and the way i see it i expect that all the rpms are going to install.. but a very ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy Distrobutted Cds

I get the 3 free cds off the net. (mandrivas site) and the way i see it i expect that all the rpms are going to install.. but a very large majority of
    the rpms will not install due to 'bad signatures'. (this was while i was installing the OS) BUT! i have other cds (same year: 2006 free and i access the packages and they install fine. But that leads me to believe tahtt the md5'ss are off or something.. can someone help me out with this.

Yes, if you're getting errors trying to install RPMs off your CDs then it's likely either the ISO was bad or the burn had errors in it. If you still have the ISOs, check the MD5Sums on them against the provided sums from Mandriva and if they check out, reburn the discs at a lower speed (16X or slower) to ensure less chance of burn errors.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

idont know what to do exactly.. and there are packages like 800+ of them.. is there an easier way than that (checking them one by one,..)

-dave

what shouldi use to burn them

Quote Originally Posted by El-Daveo
    idont know what to do exactly.. and there are packages like 800+ of them.. is there an easier way than that (checking them one by one,..)

-dave

what shouldi use to burn them
    I don't mean check each individual RPM's MD5Sum. I mean check each whole CD's MD5SUM. Anything other than the built-in MS Windows burning software should do fine to burn an ISO. For more information on how to do that, look at post #12 in this thread:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ubu...iso-image.html
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I don't mean check each individual RPM's MD5Sum.

I was hoping you meant that, but for the record.. it was a dumbassed question .. i think it made my top ten.. thanks techie