Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I try to install a limewire RPM using the software installer in Mandriva I get an error message. Limewire-pro-4.12.4-0.i386 package cannot install due to unsatisfied j2re[>=1.4.1] Anyone know what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Limewire

When I try to install a limewire RPM using the software installer in Mandriva I get an error message.

Limewire-pro-4.12.4-0.i386 package cannot install due to unsatisfied j2re[>=1.4.1]

Anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

I'm fairly sure Limewire aims a little low for jre. Personally, I've had no trouble overriding this and just installing it anyway. First off, though, I assume you have java runtime engine installed? You'll want the java-1_5_0-sun package, or something like that. Whatever provides jre. I tend to have some hassles with this because I'm running x64.

If so, you can just run:

Code:
    rpm -i --nodeps <filename.rpm>
    and see if it runs after that. One little thing I like to do before installing rpms(other than official releases) is to check where it's going to stuff contents:

Code:
    rpm -qpl <filename.rpm> | more
    This lists all the contents, so I know it won't overwrite all sorts of key system files, so even in the event it's a problematic install I can just uninstall and I'm no worse for the wear. If you do this with Limewire you'll see it stuffs almost all it's file in /usr/lib/Limewire, along with a single link in /usr/bin and some /usr/share GUI files. All very safe to install(and uninstall).

DT

Just Joined!
    i had the same problem..

you must install java for linux first..