Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello people, im new to linux, not strictly true ive setup a Linux server at college (Suse 9.1) but ive bourght Mandriva 2006 and after a struggle got it to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva and Nforec410/430 chipsets?

Hello people,
    im new to linux, not strictly true ive setup a Linux server at college (Suse 9.1) but ive bourght Mandriva 2006 and after a struggle got it to run on my GA-K8N51GMF-9 Motherboard all perfect without the exception of the onboard sound, which doesnt matter much, and the LAN adapter which is vital as i want this system to be a Web/Database/file server im begginging to wish i had bourght suse as then i could use Yast to setup everything instead of having to learn mandrakes way of setting things up

But ive tried everything i can to get the LAN adapter running, tried installing the NVidia drivers from their website but they demand that i have the Kernal source code installed ?!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Just Joined!
    ok ive managed to get the nvidia drivers on, or at least i guess so, acording to the program the nvidia chipset drivers, namely the sound and lan had been installed but nothing seems to have changed

Just Joined!
    Well, thanks for the ......lack of help, ive thrown my mandriva dvd in the bin and am now using Ubuntu seeing as how it recognises all the hardware and works perfect AND is easier to use, so much for mandrake/mandriva being the best distro for beginners..............