Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Mandriva 2006 is probably the fastest booting version so far. The problem was with 2005 LE which was really slow. Unlikely to be a RAM issue. I have the same ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Mandriva 2006 is probably the fastest booting version so far. The problem was with 2005 LE which was really slow. Unlikely to be a RAM issue. I have the same amount of RAM, and one reason for me not upgrading is I have no speed issues. Something else is happening here. Not sure about the external drive, but it does seem as though this could be part of the problem.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    So would reinstalling Mandriva 2006 but instead of copying the cd's to the hard drive just install them from the disk. Would this fix my problem?

Just Joined!
    I tried re-installing mandriva without copying the cd's to the hd and it still takes the same amount of time to boot

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by halo200
    I tried re-installing mandriva without copying the cd's to the hd and it still takes the same amount of time to boot
    Copying packages to the harddrive won't affect the time it takes your OS to boot. What will affect that time are what processes you have running at startup. If you turn off ones you don't absolutely need, you might notice a boost.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3