Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ah... i have a mandriva 2006 three ISO image files in dvd, but I can't install from there. So how to burn those files into cds(bootable one) as I tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Burn dvd linux into cds???????

Ah... i have a mandriva 2006 three ISO image files in dvd, but I can't install from there. So how to burn those files into cds(bootable one) as I tried to burn it but didn't work much.

Ah... i have a mandriva 2006 three ISO image files in dvd, but I can't install from there. So how to burn those files into cds(bootable one) as I tried to burn it but didn't work much.
    Are you already running Linux or are you doing it from Windows?

In either case, to get a bootable CD you have to burn it differently than if you are just saving files.
    An iso image is a copy of the disc ( or something created to appear as a disc ) so if you just try to burn it as a normal file it will not be a copy of the original so will not be bootable.

If you are burning from Windows look at the various options in your burning software or try it's help system to do it the right way ( Sorry don't use Windows so do't know how to give you better help )
    If you are using Linux already and have K3B installed it is easy.
    Start K3B and navigate to the directory (folder in Windows speak) where the images are.
    Don't start a new project - just double click on the first iso image and it will know to burn it correctly.
    Follow the prompts.
    Norm

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prajin
    Sorry, I am using windows XP 2006 only. I want to install Linux on next drive (i.e D:\). i usually get problems regarding partion errors while installing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prajin
    Sorry, I am using windows XP 2006 only. I want to install Linux on next drive (i.e D:\). i usually get problems regarding partion errors while installing.
    Have you got 2 drives or is D:\ a partition on a drive?

Have you got some Windows files on D:\ already?

As you may already know Microsoft use drive letters, but they do not
    necessarily refer to phisical drives. This may be part of your problem.