Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all Just installed mandriva from Mandriva one and got this error message medium "update_source" uses an invalid list file: mirror is probably not up-to-date, trying to use alternate method. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

update souce error

Hi all

Just installed mandriva from Mandriva one and got this error message

medium "update_source" uses an invalid list file:
    mirror is probably not up-to-date, trying to use alternate method.

Any ideas how this can be resolved?

Celt

Hello - yes I've been wondering the same thing: one of the repositories I use produces the same message, even after running urpmi.update -a (which you should try yourself to sync. your rpm database with the mirror sites you already have).

If that doesn't work I think it's a case of choosing a new repository. I notice that if I have more than one repository for the same set of rpms, urpmi is very good at using that as an alternative when I want to install new software.

In short, it's doing its job behind the scenes really well. There are plenty of alternative mirror sites that you can use.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

heh, in totally new to both linux & mandrake so Im not really sure how to do what you say there. End result here is that I want to install cedega and get some games running on it so i can let my windows partition rot.

Does anyone know if there is anything like Stanton Finlay's Fedora Core install guide for Mandriva? That thing was real handy in getting stuff like Nvidia drivers, Java and azureus running.