Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed Mandriva Linux 2006 from free DVD and when I first restarted my PC, then IT DID NOT appear me the image of the OS selection program in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't Boot to Mandriva Linux after install !

I installed Mandriva Linux 2006 from free DVD and when I first restarted my PC, then IT DID NOT appear me the image of the OS selection program in the beginning of the boot, as a result of ''putting'' me to Windows environment again. I also used PQ Magic of Partition MAgic to select the partition to be bootable the next time I restart, but NOTHING happened.
    Do you know why it doesn't appear that opening screen? With other words, how can I choose the OS?

Thanks a lot for the help.

HI !

Partition Magic is a bit tricky. install windows first and leave 'unpartition/free' space for Mandriva. dont format this space.... you can use Partition Magic for partitioning BUT dont use Boot Magic for OS selection.
    install Mandriva in 'Unpartitioned/free' space and let the installer do partitioning and formatting stuff. Mandriva will install its Boot Loader and will set Dual Boot ( option for OS selection ) for you. during installation, dont change any option in Boot Loader section.....

Good Luck !

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First