Find the answer to your Linux question:
Seems that by default Mandriva is set to not allow for root logins. When I attempt to login, it says that root login is disabled. I had created a second ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva noob.. Can't login as root?

Seems that by default Mandriva is set to not allow for root logins. When I attempt to login, it says that root login is disabled.

I had created a second account when I setup the system..when I login as it, however, I can't seem to find where to enable the root login. Anyone know where this is?

I need it..

Why do you want to login as root? It is one of the most dangeorus thing you can do while using Linux! A mispelled command may delete your whole data. You should always use "su" for temporary root logins from your user session.
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Yeah Juan Pablo is dead right. You can set it up that way, but it's not a good idea. It's a security risk and you might just point and click your system into the bin.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Well, for one the system is a VMWare 'guest' machine.. so if I were to make a mistake (and learn something) then I can start from scratch.

Is there another account I can setup to do setup user accounts with, system and server settings, etc?

This 'pc' is being setup for apache, php, mysql, squid, and ssh.

Just use "su" before doing the administrative things
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo
    Just use "su" before doing the administrative things
    Never thought of that, seems to work fine. Thanks much!