Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, I've just installed Mandriva the 2007 free version. I've used FC, RH, SUSE, bit of Debian and Gentoo before so I know my way round relitively good, at least ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

shell/console question

hi,

I've just installed Mandriva the 2007 free version. I've used FC, RH, SUSE, bit of Debian and Gentoo before so I know my way round relitively good, at least i think i do......
    The problem is when im in console/shell and execute a command like: make, make install or any other 'install' command all i get is:
    Code:
    bash: ndiswrapper: command not found
    or something alike. Adding ./ at the start of a command dont help neather.....I know on SUSE there was a package that needed installing for the 'make' and stuff commands, could it be that? if so, can you please let me know what the package is called?
    Also on suse there is YaST, the pack. manager, configurer and stuff.......does Mandriva have something alike? urpmi?

Thx alot!

Can someone please help me out? "Im stuck at the bottom of a pit." I cant install any software/hardware so i cant do anything really..........

Just Joined!
    Have you tried running as Root?

Maybe "urpmi"

thx, nvm. It turns out i did need to install the Make package (i think that was all)

Just Joined!
    Wonderful!