Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, Well I have managed to get Mandriva up and running. Had some problems getting my mouse to work and my sound to recognise the other card isntead of the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox 2 Crashes

Hey,

Well I have managed to get Mandriva up and running. Had some problems getting my mouse to work and my sound to recognise the other card isntead of the default on board sound.

Anyhow, I managed to install Firefox 2, but now I have found that while loading a web page it will just close.

Now it has been a long time since I used linux, 2-3 years, what logs can I view to maybe track down the issue. Does anyone have any ideas about why this might be happening?

I have one idea, after I installed Firefox 2, I deleted the old shortcut button for 1.5 and created a new shortcut. Now I noticed on the old shortcut there looked to be a switch on the shortcut something like &u (I honestly can't remember what it was). Anyway, do I need to put any switches on the shortcut for firefox 2? All I did was point it to /usr/lib/firefox/firefox

Thanks in advance!

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Firefox 2.0 crashes for me as well on Mandriva 2007. I think the problem is related to flash (both Flash 7 and 9 have this problem) because if I remove the flash plugins, it works fine. I have not found any other solution at the moment.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply. Well I too installed the flash plugin so this looks to be the problem if you experience it.

Hopefully it is resolved in the near future.