Find the answer to your Linux question:
Noobie here, I have an nvidia fx5500 video card and went I click onto 3D desktop it says that it is not supported, can someone please provide me with the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Linux noobie...Help with setting up 3d desktop

Noobie here,

I have an nvidia fx5500 video card and went I click onto 3D desktop it says that it is not supported, can someone please provide me with the proper steps to get this functioning.

Thanks.

Or can you lead me to the correct forum?

Just Joined!

3D Desktop for mandriva

Noobie here,

I have an nvidia fx5500 video card and went I click onto 3D desktop it says that it is not supported, can someone please provide me with the proper steps to get this functioning.

Thanks.

Or can you lead me to the correct forum?[/QUOTE]

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linux_noob713
    Noobie here,

Thanks.

Or can you lead me to the correct forum?
    [/QUOTE]

lo m8, iam a noobie 2, i install Mandriva 2007 powerpack and it said in install "do you want 2 use nvidia driver from the disk" or something like that. did u get that with ur version?if not mp me and ill send ya info of where i got it.
    Gl
    2wasted

Linux Newbie
    I have that video card as well. If you want to quickly get your hands on a 3d desktop, just try sabayon linux. Comes with beta version of the new Nvidia driver. The only trick is you have to boot the live cd with the aiglx option to get your 3d desktop. I got tired of it fast, but it is fun to play around with for a little while.