Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. I've installed Mandriva 2007 and I'm very pleased with it so far. When I initially installed it, I was presented with the summary screen before the first KDE ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Destop settings

Hi everyone.

I've installed Mandriva 2007 and I'm very pleased with it so far.

When I initially installed it, I was presented with the summary screen before the first KDE boot up and I forgot to change the desktop resolution to something better than 800 x 600 (maybe 1024 or somesuch).

Now I have the latest Nvidia driver installed, 800 x 600 is the most the setting will let me adjust to.

Am I just being stoopid, or is there a way to set it to a higher resolution? I'm using the right-click/configure desktop option.

Thanks as always

Pauly.

(btw, for earlier readers, YES - this is my Linux Wireless Connection I'm so happy/relieved!)
    Korean food is great - it's the dog's bollocks!
    Linux user number 406572.

Just Joined!

It shouldn't be much of a problem

Just go into the "Configure Computer" from your K menu and go to the hardware tab and click on configure Monitor or Configure graphics.........im at school right now in study hall so I do not have Mandriva running but it's one of those tabs on the left side and then you should be able to choose what resolution you want it to allow and then restart and right click on your desktop like you did before and change it from there..........if you have any more problems, school gets out at 2:30 today so I should be back on the forums.

Thanks, mate. I inputted the make and model of my monitor and was able to change the resolution after that. Thanks for the advice, mate.

Paul
    Korean food is great - it's the dog's bollocks!
    Linux user number 406572.

Just Joined!

Ur Welcome

I got about a 75 min. study hall so i got plenty of time to help out.