Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi i have now managed to dual boot mandriva and windows on the same hard drive on both my laptop an desktop all seems to be going fine for the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Re: Help getting comps to talk??

Hi i have now managed to dual boot mandriva and windows on the same hard drive on both my laptop an desktop all seems to be going fine for the moment.
    Is it possible to get the computers to talk to each other from linux to windows??
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance
    lol23

Just Joined!
    No. If you are asking is it possible to boot up windows while you are in linux, then then answer is no. You could use vmware and install windows while in linux, but this probably not what you are trying to do.

You can browse the ntfs partition from linux though. My mandriva 2007 mounts the windows partition automatically under /mnt/win_c. You can manually mount this ntfs partition using the 'mount' command.

Just Joined!
    hi sorry i dont think i was very clear what i want to be able to do is get my laptop running linux to be able to talk to the desktop running windows.
    i have tried pinging from one to the other but it says network is unreachable.

my laptop n dekstop are networked in windows through a router on desktop and then the laptop has a wireless card.

is it possible to access this connection in linux on the laptop???

thank you

lol23