Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi I have just installed mandirva 2007 and i cant use mysql. An error as: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) is seen. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cant start mysql

hi

I have just installed mandirva 2007 and i cant use mysql. An error as:
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    is seen. I dont know how to start the server. Now i cant use /etc/init.d/mysqld start too. I even tried installing a fresh copy of mysql still it doesnt work. Please help.

Satyajit

Hi! Try this command in konsole: rcmysql start . It works for me in suse 9.2

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Thanks but that did not work...

I have installed mysql again, but i am not able to connect perl with it

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Angry I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by ram_88
    Hi! Try this command in konsole: rcmysql start . It works for me in suse 9.2
    New install of mysql by using the "Add/Remove" software and all seems to go normally. It figures dependenciesl, does everything one would expect. But trying to start gives the same issue as thread above. I did a 'find /' on rcmysql and nothing. I suspect there is a mysqld that should be started in init but there is nothing in any of the /etc/rc.d/rc. whatever sections.

Could anyone help out this poor near newbie find the missing demaon (if that's what it is) and tell me how to set them up for automagically starting with boot? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Steve407@mac.com

PS: This install of FC6 is running under parallels on an IMac Core 2 Duo if that makes any difference, although I shouldn't think so. TIA.