Find the answer to your Linux question:
Mandriva 2007 free this has happened twice, and i'm tired of reinstalling....esp. after i FINALLY figured out how to get hte kernel source and nvidia drivers installed this time. i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Style change, kde goes crazy

Mandriva 2007 free
    this has happened twice, and i'm tired of reinstalling....esp. after i FINALLY figured out how to get hte kernel source and nvidia drivers installed this time.
    i changed teh stile in kde to "old kde" or something, classic kde i think, worked fine, changed it back to mandriva style and i lost the bars at teh top (title, minimize max close, that bar) lost keyboard in mozilla, lost funtion of the bar down below, everything screws up. how do i fix this, i'm tired of reinstalling and i prefer kde...
    i'm going to try to uninstal kde and reinstall it, adn not mess with teh styles anymore....if that doesn't work i'm stuck...help>?

did you try logging out/in after changing style?

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    yes, this has happened twice, (which is also how many times i've tried to change styles ). my ultimate solution since i had just installed again was copy the few small files in my home to another user, delete the first user, adn remake it. it was ONLY effecting that user....problem solved, i just won't touch the style theme thingy's lol, i suppose i can live with this one.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close