Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
recently i just installed mandriva one on my system..im a freshman in linux...can anyone tell me how to install java in mandriva one...and coz i i thought a p2p downloader ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to o install java in mandriva one

recently i just installed mandriva one on my system..im a freshman in linux...can anyone tell me how to install java in mandriva one...and coz i i thought a p2p downloader needs java(azereus)Thx guys

Those instructions are for Fedora Core 6, but they work just as well in Mandriva One 2007 :
    http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/fc6-tips.php#java
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Erm...can i ask a stupid question..does installing java plug-in in to mozilla firefox directly means that i can use java-based application(like azereus) in my mandriva one?

Quote Originally Posted by cheenaik
    does installing java plug-in in to mozilla firefox directly means that i can use java-based application(like azereus) in my mandriva one?
    Once you followed the instructions, make sure the command :
    Code:
    java -version
    outputs something like
    Code:
    java version "1.5.0_09"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b01)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b01, mixed mode, sharing)
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!

Chek This Out

HEY CHEENAIK LOOK NO FURTHER,,,,,i JUST INSTALLED J2re on my machine using this link,,,,,its the easiest,,,,,,

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/linux_install.xml

Just Joined!
    hey guys,i tried the page which you gave me just now(i meant the fedora core) just now...the problems came out which i hated it most(it happened everytime when i try to install something

cheenaik@localhost ~]$ chmod +x jre-1_5_0_09-linux-i586-rpm.bin
    chmod: cannot access `jre-1_5_0_09-linux-i586-rpm.bin': No such file or directory

Just Joined!
    rahul i tried ur method too...it is the same too...the situation is even worse..i type mkdir /usr/java/..then cd /usr/java...and then i try to download the file to the directory..it failed can even download

Just Joined!
    Can U Jus Tell Me The Output Of The Last Executable Command.....or The Error Output,,,,,i Think U Cudnt Get It Right(the Installation Method Listed On Theabove Url)

Quote Originally Posted by cheenaik
    rahul i tried ur method too...it is the same too...the situation is even worse..i type mkdir /usr/java/..then cd /usr/java...and then i try to download the file to the directory..it failed can even download
    You don't have to create that directory. The installer will create it itself.

Just make sure you are in the right directory, before doing
    Code:
    chmod +x jre-1_5_0_09-linux-i586-rpm.bin
    So enter the directory you downloaded the file and do
    Code:
    ls
    to make sure the file is there.

Once you ensured the file is there, then you can just type "chmod +x jre" and hit TAB. It will autocomplete the name of the file. Much easier that way.

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    antidruge i still dont understand what you are talking about...can u explain the whole process more thoroughly...sorry for that ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast