Find the answer to your Linux question:
kk ah first i typed urpmi kernel-source it gave me a list of packages to install, but i accidentally chose the wrong package, and 50% thur thr download i just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Urpmi Kernel-source

kk ah first i typed urpmi kernel-source it gave me a list of packages to install, but i accidentally chose the wrong package, and 50% thur thr download i just exited terminal hoping it would not install lol, but now i type in urpmi kernel-source it says "the packages are already installed the following package names were assumed: kernel-multimedia-source-stripped-2.6.17.13-3mdv
    yeah soo my version of mandriva 2007 is 2.6.17-5mdv ------ so i believe that i installed or downloaded the wrong package, is it going to make a difference? and can i get rid of it and download the right one,???

oh and i type in $ rpm -qa | grep -i kernel-source it says kernel-source-stripped-2.6.17.6mdv-1-1mdv2007.0 <<(this was the one installed by accident) and when i type name -r i get 2.6.17-5mdv sooooo yeah same question as above

You can uninstall it using
    Code:
    urpme package_name
    More here :
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/344059-post5.html
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    aii respect, was lookin for a post like that couldnt find it, thanks