Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by martian04 Mandrikversion 7>source main Australia..etc Then step 3 i cut and pasted into konsole I ended up with error Can you post the output of Code: cat ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by martian04
    Mandrikversion 7>source main Australia..etc

Then step 3 i cut and pasted into konsole

I ended up with error
    Can you post the output of
    Code:
    cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.conf
    ?
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    do you just cut and paste it into Konsole if so this is result

[martin@homeputer ~]$ cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.conf
    cat: /etc/urpmi/urpmi.conf: No such file or directory
    [martin@homeputer ~]$

sorry but i am not sure what you want me to do to give you results how do you run the above code?
    If i cut and paste it into run command i get "NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY"

Thanks for your patience it could be that i need premission to run certain code in Konsole as i did also get "permission denied" when i tried to run

file:///home/martin/Desktop/python-psyco-1.5.1-1mdk.i586.rpm in the Konsole

[martin@homeputer ~]$ cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.conf
    cat: /etc/urpmi/urpmi.conf: No such file or directory
    Ok, so nothing is configured yet.

You can try :
    Code:
    urpmi.removemedia -a
    Then redo the configuration using :
    http://easyurpmi.zarb.org

You simply need main&main_updates, contrib&contrib_updates, plf&plf_non-free.

So typing something like that you do it :
    Code:
    urpmi.addmedia plf-free rsync://rsync.planetmirror.com/plf/mandriva/2007.0/free/release/binary/i586/ with synthesis.hdlist.cz
    Code:
    urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree rsync://rsync.planetmirror.com/plf/mandriva/2007.0/non-free/release/binary/i586/ with synthesis.hdlist.cz
    Code:
    urpmi.addmedia main ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/Mandriva...a/main/release with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
    Code:
    urpmi.addmedia main_updates ftp://ftp.kddlabs.co.jp/Linux/distributions/Mandrake/official/2007.0/i586/media/main/updates with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
    Code:
    urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/Mandriva...ontrib/release with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
    Code:
    urpmi.addmedia contrib_updates ftp://ftp.kddlabs.co.jp/Linux/distributions/Mandrake/official/2007.0/i586/media/contrib/updates with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
    I don't have a mandriva machine at hand, so I can't test it.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I cannot seem to get anything to respond..i did install

file:///home/martin/Desktop/python-psyco-1.5.1-1mdk.i586.rpm

thinking it would run bittorrent but it didn't when you say type could you not just cut and paste command codes.. were do you run this? in Konsole or console or run command..i cannot seem to get anything to respond to these commands just keep getting above "permission denied" or "no such code"....

in Konsole or console or run command..i cannot seem to get anything to respond to these commands just keep getting above "permission denied" or "no such code"....
    Yep, in Konsole, you can just copy and paste that code. Though I encourage you to make your own configuration using the instructions found at :
    http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

Of course, you have to be root for this code to work.

Getting root :
    Code:
    su
    and type your password (it won't appear as you type it).

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Ahhh..su then password progress...

Well in system>configuration>packaging>Browse availale software i did a search for python and checked boxes enabling everything i also found bittorrent 420 which i also checked. I then went into konsole root and ran

urpmi.addmedia main http://mandrake.mirrors.pair.com/Man...a/main/release with media_info/hdlist.cz

Not sure if this correct but it worked this time..I will have another go tommorrow l8t now. I have another small favour it seems i have enabled a strange effect my browser pages zoom onto screen and when i had konsole up if i left click mouse to drag it has a strange wobble effect... its some silly option i have enabled..any idea how i set back to default or were to look to un-enable it.

Thanks for helping this windows brainwashed newbie i need to learn how linux op system works..it'll be fun learning as you can see

Just Joined!
    i went back and did as cheddarplayer has and it seemed to intall ok i typed urpmi bittorrent inroot and it asked for installation disc i put the mandriva 2007 edition disc in and it installed bittorrent..still cannot find it though

Well, it should be there somewhere, you can look for the executable :
    Code:
    ls -l /usr/bin/bt*
    Should be called btdownload-gui or something similar.

If you find it doesn't work well for you, just uninstall it :
    Code:
    urpme bittorrent
    Then download the latest version from here :
    http://download.bittorrent.com/dl/Bi...2.4.noarch.rpm

Then install it :
    Code:
    urpmi BitTorrent-5.0.1-1-Python2.4.noarch.rpm

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Problems i am afraid... i followed your last instruction and uninstalled version of bittorrent then i downloaded

file:///home/martin/Desktop/BitTorrent-5.0.1-1-Python2.4.noarch.rpm

Now when i tried to install it i got this

Some requested packages cannot be installed: Bittorrent -5.0.1-1 noarch due to unsatisfied python-cryptol[>2.0]

Any suggestions ?

I have searched all my menues for bittorent but it wasn't anyware to be seen..where would you normally find it in linux menue if installed correctly ?

also When i put the executable in root for bittorrent [before i uninstalled it] i got this highlighted in green /usr/bin/btcflash*

Hope this info helps.

Just Joined!
    When you did "urpmi bittorrent" as root and it asked you for the installation disc it installed correctly. Unfortunately when you did "urpme bittorrent" you removed it again! So you will need to do "urpmi bittorrent" again to re-install it.

Once installed you can't just run bittorrent and expect anything to happen (that's why it doesn't appear on any menu).

The idea behind bittorrent is that you click on a website link (which represents a .torrent file) and your browser will start bittorrent for you and begin the download you have requested. For example: if you go to www.mandriva.com/en/download/free and click on the "Mandriva Free 2007 CDs for i586" link it will fire up bittorrent and begin downloading.

Hope that helps
    Terry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast