Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

cannot install latest bittorent on mandriva 2007

[root@localhost Desktop]# urpmi BitTorrent-5.0.1-1-Python2.4.noarch.rpm
    Some requested packages cannot be installed:
    BitTorrent-5.0.1-1.noarch (due to unsatisfied python-psyco)

I tried finding the python-psyco package which i managed to find in :
    http://psyco.sourceforge.net/

then when trying to install python-psyco it tells me :
    invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/lib/python2.4/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)

Any help will be appreciated

i dunno if i will be much help, but when i was installing my packages (from configure your computer) i saw alot of python packages there, so maybe go to where all your packages are and see if there is some python packages that still need to be installed :S

meh sorri if i wsant mcuh help

i already did this but i didn't find any package that could actually help. most were security updates . Thanks for trying to help anyway . Anyone else please ?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    "python-psyco" is available in the Mandriva repository.

You should be able to install it like that :
    Code:
    urpmi python-psyco
    If not, check your /etc/urpmi/urpmi.conf configuration file. You might want to reconfigure it using those instructions :
    http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

"python-psyco" is in the main section of the official repository. If you can't fix "urpmi" then you can download the file directly from any of the mirrors. This one for example :
    http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/dist...-1mdk.i586.rpm
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

I am in the same boat ..even worse its my first install of linux [lovely] but i don't know how to get Bittorrent to work. I downloaded version 5.0.1.e but it will not run.It wants an application to do so and presents a list. I doubt i have the app required how do you get bittorent to work.
    I installed http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/dist...-1mdk.i586.rpm as instructed but nothing.
    I think when i installed mandriva 2007 i did not install the file sharing package..not sure though..Help please and a big thanks all..my 1st post

my problem was solved... Just go to the urpmi webpage that antidrugue posted and update your urpmi configuration. Then just do urpmi bittorrent and it will download/install the latest installable version which was 4.20 for me . It just doesn't install the latest version

btw thanks for the help antidrugue

latest version says unsatisfied python-crypto [>=2.0] ... And yes i have pycrypto installed so i shouldn't get this error !

What is urpmi.. how do you update configuration etc..well basically can you take me through it.A little brief explanation please..Thanks
    I don't want to install wrong thing

i am no expert myself (actually linux newbie ) but from what i understood urpmi is something similar to rpm , a package installer . But it will look on the net for the package you specify ,download it and install it for you. First you need to update the configuration . The way i did it was complete all the boxes on easyurpmi webpage and at the end i copy-pasted the output it made in the console. keep in my mind that it will take some time till completely updating it .

then do urpmi bittorrent and write yes when it asks you to get the dependencies too.

Well i tried ..but struggling is the console actually "Konsole" which mirror site did you use and which version of mandriva do you have [mine is the free mandriva 2007 edition].

All i could find was
    System>Terminals>Konsole

I worked through the boxes as follows:

easy uprimi>2007 official Architecture i586 package uprimi

Mandrikversion 7>source main Australia..etc

Then step 3 i cut and pasted into konsole

I ended up with error

To be honest i need to find exactly what version i have.its easyin windows xp but how do you find the version in linux.

well i have mandriva powerpack 2007 .. dunno about the error...