Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok so after using mandriva 10.1 for a while, i downloaded mandriva 2007 free and installed fine and runs fine, but im having problems with alsa, it shows it as ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

alsa problems in mandriva free

ok so after using mandriva 10.1 for a while, i downloaded mandriva 2007 free and installed fine and runs fine, but im having problems with alsa, it shows it as installed but when i try to run alsaconf, it says there is no such command, i have also tryed updatting alsa but it wont install, so if anyone has any advice please let me know. thanks

Just Joined!
    alsaconf used to be part of the alsa-utils package but with mdv2007 it is in a separate package which is not installed by default. So you probably need to look in Software Installation for the alsaconf package and install it.

Terry

Just Joined!
    ah ok, i did that and it installed and i ran it and now im back to where i was when i had mandriva 10.1, that alsaconf detected and seemed to install my sound card but i get no sound, everything is turned up in every mixer in mandriva, but my sound card doesnt show up in hard drake, i dont know if its cause its a ISA sound card or what but if anyone can help me out that would be awsome

Just Joined!
    What is the make/model of the sound card and which driver is alsa loading for it?
    You could also do a dmesg | more and see if there are any errors logged when the kernel tries to load and initialise the driver.

Just Joined!
    the driver im not sure about the card is a soundblaster 16 ISA sound card