Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't even know if this is a linux or windoze problem, but here goes. I have 1 hard drive with 2 partitions. One for mandriva and the other for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Trouble dual booting

I don't even know if this is a linux or windoze problem, but here goes. I have 1 hard drive with 2 partitions. One for mandriva and the other for windoze with the default os being mandriva. The problem is that when I try to boot into windoze, it gets stuck at the loading screen. Does anyone have a possible solution that I can unstuck this problem?

does Windows display any error message? is windows installed in first partition?

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    No error messages, no nothing. All I see is the loading screen with that little bar scrolling from left to right. I stops every few seconds or so, but still keeps scrolling. I did give it some time to see if it would get "unstuck", but no dice. It would stay on that loading screen even for 24 hours if i let it. Hell of a thing.

Btw, windows was installed on the first partition.

okk ! lets check windows separately.. boot up from Windows installation CD and select 'repair'. this will drop you on command line prompt. type 'FIXMBR'.
    boot up from HardDisk.
    check if windows boots up.

you can install GRUB or Lilo again. nothing to worry. first be sure that nothing is wrong with Windows OS.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First