Find the answer to your Linux question:
i cant mount my usb drives, i have 2 usb drives that i keep everything on and now i cant seem to mount them, i just switched over to mandrake ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Many propblems, but here is the first

i cant mount my usb drives, i have 2 usb drives that i keep everything on and now i cant seem to mount them, i just switched over to mandrake yesterday i have my wifi connection workin (yay) on 802.11b tho i have 2 g cards but i'll worry about that next.
    when i plug in my usb drive i get "Invalid mount option when attempting to mount the volume"

how can i fix this, also iam a complete n00b to mandriva right now so detail will help greatly thnx

er&
    Just Joined!
    Check /etc/fstab

Hi - A common problem which we've all faced. Please read this.

Let us know how you get on. If you have to edit fstab it's just a question of becoming root, opening the file in a text editor of your choice and saving it. No need to reboot as far as I remember.

Be aware that if you add a line like:
    Code:
    /dev/sda4 /mnt/usbzip vfat noauto,user 0   0
    you'll need to actually create the directory called /mnt/usbzip. Ages since I created a directory! Errr I think it's mkdir /mnt/usbzip

Then do mount /dev/sda4 or whatever you need for your own system.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso