Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

mozilla-nspr-4.6.4.tar.gz

Does anyone know where to get mozilla-nspr-4.6.4.tar.gz. The program is asking for nspr[>=4.6.4]. If known where is there a way of installing it (./configure and ./nspr-config will not compile it)

Hi - It should be available as an rpm, though I haven't looked to see if Mandriva supply this one. If you have some repositories set up you might try:

urpmi mozilla-nspr

That would be a good approach in case there are dependencies to resolve.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

In Mandriva using urpmi, there are no nspr 4.6.4 or above rpms only libnspr. In other distros there are rpm and tar.gz forms of mozilla-nspr 4.6.4 or higher but they present there own ploblems. Any suggestions?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hi - Yes I know what rpm problems can be like. Visit the Mozilla site here and read section 9. 'Building from Source'.

Then read this for reference.

It says:
    This release is built from the source, at the CVS repository rooted at cvs.mozilla.org:/cvsroot, with the CVS tag
    NSPR_4_6_4_RTM. You can check out the source from CVS by
    cvs co -r NSPR_4_6_4_RTM mozilla/nsprpub

To build, do
    cd mozilla/nsprpub
    ./configure
    gmake export
    That might even work! You would be downloading and installing the code from the CVS repository in the example above.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

This is what i got so far. Cannot find a cvsroot with a repository file in it.
    [root@localhost ~]# cd /usr/local/src/
    [root@localhost src]# ls
    cvsroot/
    [root@localhost src]# cvs -d server:root:@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/usr/local/src/cvsroot/ co -r NSPR_4_6_4_RTM mozilla/nsprpub
    /usr/local/src/cvsroot: no such repository
    [root@localhost src]#