Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi * Just installed mandriva free 2007. Though I find the gcc, I do not find the gcc pack. Can anibody shed some light on this? Cheers, Nuno...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

g77 compiler

Hi *

Just installed mandriva free 2007. Though I find the gcc, I do not find the gcc pack. Can anibody shed some light on this?

Cheers,
    Nuno

er&
    Just Joined!
    Try looking at http://gcc.gnu.org/.

Just Joined!
    Sorry, made a mistake.

I have already installed gcc, but *do not find the g77 package*.
    My last distro was mkd 10.1, and g77 was there (as was in previous versions, since 7.x that I recall).
    Cheers,
    Nuno

P.S. Of course if the rpm is not there, than I must go and fetch him from the gnu project. Thanks er&.

Just Joined!
    Could you solve the problem? I have got the same. I try to install R 2.4 from source file and I am unable to compile it due to missing of g77 and f2c.

Cheers,
    Ekki

Quote Originally Posted by nunolf
    Sorry, made a mistake.

I have already installed gcc, but *do not find the g77 package*.
    My last distro was mkd 10.1, and g77 was there (as was in previous versions, since 7.x that I recall).
    Cheers,
    Nuno

P.S. Of course if the rpm is not there, than I must go and fetch him from the gnu project. Thanks er&.

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    Hi Ekki

Quote Originally Posted by Ekki
    Could you solve the problem? I have got the same. I try to install R 2.4 from source file and I am unable to compile it due to missing of g77 and f2c.

Cheers,
    Ekki
    Yes I solved the problem, though I do not remember very well how I did it.
    If I'm not mistaken, the problem was that in the Software Management Tool, I didn't find any *g77* package. Spite the package gcc3.3-3.3.6-3.mdk notes claiming that it supports g77, I was not successful on compiling Fortran code with it. So I added to the Media Manager an official update & Distribution Sources mirror, to see if I could encounter any *g77* package. And it turns out that I found the gcc3.3-g77-3.3.6-mdk package.

About Vergil reply. There's a newer package there for mandriva: gcc-g77-3.4.3-7mdk.i586.rpm.

Though I'm a linux user for about 7 years, my policy when installing stuff is always the same. First, try the official mirror sites. Only if you do not find what you are looking for there, then go to RPM repository sitee like the one pointed be Vergil.
    Cheers,
    Nuno