Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i'm using mandriva. how can i install a network printer. i've already update the cups. the system can detect the printer but when i start printing. the printer prints ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

printer

hi i'm using mandriva. how can i install a network printer. i've already update the cups. the system can detect the printer but when i start printing. the printer prints without text and it keeps on spooling the printer. what should i do. basically this printer works with windows? how can i solve this problem

thanks

Linux Enthusiast
    quick questions:

What kind of printer is it?

What driver did you select when you added it to cups?

Let us know how you get on,

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.

Just Joined!

printer type

i'm using konica 7235 which is our network printer
    i download the driver from konica.

thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    I checked the Konica Europe website and I can't find linux drivers for you printer on it. If you mean you installed the windows driver on the windows machine and it worked then you will still need to install a seperate driver for linux on the linux PC.

Quick googling didn't turn up any linux drivers, but you might be able to set it up to use a generic postscript driver.

If you need help with that, let us know and we'll give it a shot.

Let us know how you get on,

Chris...
    To be good, you must first be bad. "Newbie" is a rank, not a slight.

Just Joined!
    I have a Konica 7030 copier with the ip-421 network card. I imagine its very similiar to what you have. I got mine to work by doing the following:

I use gentoo, but cups is the same on any distro. Just install and configure cups like normal + foomatic. Then go the the webinterface (localhost:631) and add printer and select:

Device: AppSocket/HPJetDirect
    Device URI: socket://printerIPaddress:9100
    Make: Generic
    Model: Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer Foomatic/ljet4(en)

After adding the printer you might have to go to configure and select 600 resolution. One computer got that just fine but another had 75 dpi by default. If for some reason that doesn't work, then you can most likely use HP as your Make and select a PCL5 Model that uses the ljet4 engine.