Here's what I know:
My hardware is an HP Pavillion a1430n.
The video card is an ATI Radeon X1300 all-in-wonder with 256 MB graphics memory.
I looked at the box again and in the tiny print in the back and it calls the card an "all in wonder 2006" and on the side Radeon X1300 GPU.
It's a Video Card/TV Tuner/FM Radio/PVR.
I'd like to get all of this stuff working, but right now I'm more worried about just getting X to run in 32-bit color and with direct rendering.
My monitor is an HP vs17e. It works just fine using the PnP option.
I haven't had problems with any other software or hardware.(well, except dependency hell ).
When I run:
Code:
glxgears
I get
Code:
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
2580 frames in 5.0 seconds = 513.713 FPS
2660 frames in 5.1 seconds = 521.761 FPS
when i run :
Code:
glxinfo
i get output saved to the file "glxinfo.txt".

When i run the hardDrake the attached file "hardwareconfig.txt" contains the video card information.

When I run secondlife, the program that tipped me off that something was wrong, it says among other things that I am not in 32 bit mode.
That output is saved in "secondlife.txt".
To try it yourself go to http://secondlife.com

When I dicvovered that the XFree86 - DRI extension was missing I looked for an rpm and encountered a package that depended on itself. I'm still trying to find and install that one.

I found the ati drivers for the 2006 series all in wonder tv card and installed them with no effect.
Code:
[zakaqere@localhost Desktop]$ uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.17-4mdvlegacy #1 SMP Tue Sep 5 10:33:40 EDT 2006 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ GNU/Linux
Thought that might be helpful