Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have 2 operational systems in my notebook: Windows XP Home edition SP2 and Linux Mandriva 2007. Specially for Linux I make some part of HDD in to NTFS. Every ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

troubles during starting Linux

I have 2 operational systems in my notebook: Windows XP Home edition SP2 and Linux Mandriva 2007. Specially for Linux I make some part of HDD in to NTFS. Every time during starting the Linux Mandriva 2007 I see 'Settings hostname localhost:' And my starting the Linux is ended by this string. What have I to do? What's the reason of this stopping? Thank you for answer.
    Alexandr

I'm not sure what that message means; tell me a bit about your setup procedure... first off, did you install LILO or Grub?

I install Lilo.
    There were starting different drivers etc. (there were message 'Please, enter ESC to see detail information'). I have ukrainian version and I was tried to translate it into English So, and nextly I pushed the key 'ESC' and had seen that there were string: 'Settings hostname localhost:' and free string under it.

I'm not sure if the bootloader setup is your problem; check and see if the way you set up Lilo matches the steps in this document:

http://www.aboutdebian.com/dualboot.htm

It explains how to setup dual-boot systems (since you have Windows and Linux) for the Debian distribution; I know you have Mandrake, but I followed these instructions and it worked for me with Mandrake.