160GB SATA <-Running Mandriva
200GB PATA
120GB PATA

Hello Mandriva users!
I've had only a single HD in my computer running Linux and using a removable to keep my big files on. A few nights ago I put the removable into the computer and hooked up the IDE cables.

The bios is able to recognise and HD I put in there, but Linux doesn't mount it. The HD is not in "Devices" or in /mnt.

Is there some configuration file or place I can turn to?
My knowledge is very limited.

I went into the Hardare Configuration setup and found my harddrives listed. I then configured my two partitions on a 200GB HD to mount in /mnt/200GB_a and /mnt/200GB_b.

I found the new folders in /mnt, but no files are listed!

I then went back into the Hardware Configuration and clicked the button to mount them. One HD mounted, the other failed. The one that mounted is locked as root access only.

The failed drive is listed as type 'other' and the mounted one is 'ntfs,' this is strange because I converted the ntfs drive to FAT32 (Partition Magic 8 ) before putting it back into this computer.

200GB PATA <-not recognised, 'other filetype'...should be FAT32
120GB PATA <-mounted, but with root access only

So, my questions are:
1) How can I set HDs to be mounted automatically on start-up?
2) How can I set it so that other users besides root have access to those mounted drives?
3) What options do I have to help Linux read my second drive?

EDIT:
I logged in as root and tried changing the access permissions for the HD that successfully mounted, but even root doesn't have modify permission! I can read the files, but can't modify them. Thus I can't change the permissions.

200GB PATA <-not recognised, 'other filetype'...should be FAT32
120GB PATA <-mounted, but with root access only. Unable to change permissions.

As a normal user I set mounting options with 'umask=0' to give write access to normal users, but I still can't edit anything on the drive.