Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hia People, How Are You Today?? I Am Back With Same Installation Problem, I Have Managed To Give The Localhost Login As "root" , The Installer Has Been Accepted, Then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva Linux Installation Problem

Hia People,

How Are You Today??

I Am Back With Same Installation Problem,

I Have Managed To Give The Localhost Login As "root" , The Installer Has Been Accepted, Then It Went To Start The X-Server ( GUI ). But It Fails.
    It Asks Me To Configure The Graphics Card Settings. I Went To Configure,
    But I Couldn't Find My Option....

What To Do

Please Guide Me My Linux Friends....

Just Joined!
    SA of UAE dude,

The best teacher is experience.

I can't figure out what when wrong without a more detailed description/posted logs, etc.

But, don't despair.

If this is a new box, then reinstall again,...and again. It is amazing how much someone can learn from reinstalling with different options, not understood.

And if it is a test box, don't be afraid to break it and attempt to fix it. At worst you will only have to reinstall again.

I've a Mandrake 8 box that has been running for 6 years on the internet without any intervention. But! I did go through that process (described above) of learning myself,...the hard way.

mlw

Just Joined!
    SAoUAE,

What distribution are you trying to install from?

What hardware (make it simple) are you installing on (Dell, Compaq, Home built).

Are you going with the defaults on the install or trying to do something more exotic?

-mwl