Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I am totally new to linux, my knowledge of the operating system is really basic. I have Mandriva One 2007 free gnome live. My PC is an AcerPower ST ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How can I install Binutils in Mandriva 2007

Hello

I am totally new to linux, my knowledge of the operating system is really basic. I have Mandriva One 2007 free gnome live.
    My PC is an AcerPower ST with
    2.00GHz Intel celeron
    640 MB RAM
    Nvidea FX 5200
    And I can not use the 3d capabilities of the card. I read on the internet that I needed to install the drivers from nvidea, I downloaded the file but it asks me to install binutils, I dowloaded binutils along with other 13 files with no luck. Please give me a step by step walkthrough on how to install binutils and whatever software I require to install to get binutils working. My internet connection is not very fast so it may take me a few days to test whatever solution you find for me.

bin utilities are available in Installation CD/DVD. install 'build-essential' package from it through Software Management.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

Hi casper thanks

I tried to do the installation of binutils by doing what you just told me and it shows all the softwares included in the Mandriva one free CD, with green arrows, it does not show any extra software available to install from that free CD. So I am currently trying to download the DVD version of Mandriva because it shows in Mandriva's website the binutils includede in the DVD version. But that is going to take allot of time, and also I am not sure if I would still be able to boot the DVD from the DVD-ROM drive.
    Is there another way to install the binutils without the Mandriva Disk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close