Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to decide what window manager to use and I'd like some input. I haven't got drak3d to work yet; It takes me to the 3d desktop configure window ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

drak3d,GNOME,KDE:So many desicions, so little time

I'm trying to decide what window manager to use and I'd like some input. I haven't got drak3d to work yet; It takes me to the 3d desktop configure window and then quits on me. I have gotten GNOME 3d desktop to work. With gnome 3d desktop I just got tired of having to start nautilus by hand EVERY time and then the window stuck there. I've never had a choice what GUI I could use before because I went Mac 0S9 --> Mac 0SX --> Windows XP --> Mandriva Linux 2007 beta. I'm still weighing the pros/cons myself, thanks!

Complicated desktop environments detract from the Linux experience. Use a straight windows manager like Fluxbox or IceWM.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Interesting, IceWM came with my distro. I tried that but where did all my desktop files go? It seems the terminal is the only way I can access them. Well newayz I'll have more time to try it out

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakaqerE
    Interesting, IceWM came with my distro. I tried that but where did all my desktop files go?
    IceWM can be edited very easily to accommodate whatever you desire in the way of desktop appearance. Desktop icons are a waste of time and resources in my opinion, but you can even have that too with IceWM if you wish. The number one thing about IceWM is that it's faster than a scalded dog on the forth of July...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here