Find the answer to your Linux question:
First post, thanks for helping! I have a few basic questions on a new install of Mandriva 2007. I would like to save the boot messages when the computer starts ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

3 easy questions.... I hope...

First post, thanks for helping!

I have a few basic questions on a new install of Mandriva 2007.

I would like to save the boot messages when the computer starts as there are a couple things I see going by too fast that I want to know about. I opened boot.log but it is apparently empty. How do I save and view that information?

I installed the packages and dependencies for Bittorrent, and have a Torrent file I would like to start. I can't find the application program though. Where does it launch from?

When I started K3B it warned me about running without root privelages. I have not found instructions to grant privelages in K3B. Does anyone have a link to instructions on giving K3B root privelages?

Thanks for you patience!

Brad

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You can view the boot messages by running the dmesg command or taking a look at by doing
    Code:
    $cat /var/log/dmesg | less
    Some of the boot time messages are stored in various subdirectories of /var/log.

For bittorrent, I think a GUI like Ktorrent or Azureus is a better option than using the native bittorrent tools.

As for k3b, try running k3bsetup.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the help!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close