Find the answer to your Linux question:
My linux box is a little old. I recently downloaded and burned Mandriva One 2007. I get partway through loading it, and the display won't refresh completely. It always hangs ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva One 2007 won't display -- old video card.

My linux box is a little old. I recently downloaded and burned Mandriva One 2007. I get partway through loading it, and the display won't refresh completely. It always hangs up before it loads completely.

When I use knoppix 3.8, I have to type
    Code:
    knoppix vga=normal
    Are there similar boot options for Mandriva One 2007?

Incidentally, my Mandriva One 2006 CD boots up just fine. My guess is that Mandriva 2007 has higher hardware requirements.

Just Joined!
    There was a similar problem that was solved in the IRC channel at Freenode.

GO to irc.freenode.net and join #mandriva

Unless that was you. THere are a few guys there that can help.

Also, have you gotten to the area where you can select your Monitor and such or is this hanging before you get to that area of installation?

Just Joined!

Mouse Freeze problem.

Mandriva One 2007 booted up this time and then I was able to use it for a few minutes before the pointer quit moving. I'm sure that it was the pointer problem that prevented me from booting all of the way with 2007 before. I had a similar problem with Debain etch. It seems to be a problem with linux kernels somewhere after 2.6.12.

Debian etch has kernel 2.6.16. Mandriva One 2007 has kernel 2.6.17. The pointer will freeze with either of these distros on my box.

Knoppix 2.8 has kernel 2.6.8. Debian Sarge has kernel 2.4 and Mandriva One 2006 has kernel 2.6.12. These don't have the problem with the pointer freezing up and hanging up the system.

Thanks for the help.

Just Joined!
    Exactly how old is your box? Is this a laptop or PC? Also, are you using an onboard or PCI/AGP Video Card?