Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, Can someone help me out here? I loaded mandrake 10.1 on MSI MEGABOOK L720 (1GB ram, 100GB HD, Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset,), after loading, I restarted my computer. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Intel Display Drivers for Mandrake 10.1

Hi all,

Can someone help me out here? I loaded mandrake 10.1 on MSI MEGABOOK L720 (1GB ram, 100GB HD, Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset,), after loading, I restarted my computer. When it rebooted, the screen is blank. Even after trying in fail safe mode, same thing. I reinstalled 5 times nothing.
    PLEASE PLEASE some one help me. I love linux OS i just want the functionallity and stability to be more reliable.

Just Joined!

Is your bootloader working?

Microsofthater. First of all, you should start a new thread to ask a question.

Can you give any more details about the blank screen? What happens on startup? The computer should POST and some image from the bios should be displayed. After that, the bootloader will start. If your bootloader is working, linux should start to load and you should see something like
    Linux version 2.6.16-2-486 (Debian 2.6.16-17) (waldi@debian.org) (gcc version 4.0.4 20060630 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.3-4)) #1 Sat Jul 15 21:23:01 UTC 2006
    BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
    and several pages of text after that. If you're getting this far, then you have a display problem like easykill above.

During your install, what do you remember about the boot loader? Where did you install it? Did you use grub or lilo?

oz
    forum.guy
    Microsofthater. First of all, you should start a new thread to ask a question.
    New thread created for Microsofthater...
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close