Find the answer to your Linux question:
Allright, this is my first post so bear with me. I have a pc with AMD X2, Asus mobo with an nvidia ethernet and sound and GPU. My insternet connection ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Noob - Mandriva on a nforce 4 chipset

Allright, this is my first post so bear with me. I have a pc with AMD X2, Asus mobo with an nvidia ethernet and sound and GPU. My insternet connection is through pppoe. I was wondering whether or not there were any compatibility issues with mandriva one 2006. I had installed Ubuntu 6.06 but it gave me weird problems. I had to turn off the pc and unplug the power source for a minute or so and restart before it would work.

I would appreciate any help. Also, if anyone has my particular specs and could offer any suggestions for distros on a dual boot machine, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Not exact same specs, but my bro has AMD64 + nForce 4 dual booting XP and openSUSE 10.1, everything works just fine out of box.

I am sure that the latest Mandriva would be able to work properly with your system. As for PPPoE connections make sure you install something like rp-pppoe (I think).
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.