Find the answer to your Linux question:
Trying to load Mandriva 2007 on an older AMD based machine, using the graphical install interface. At the final configuration page, everything seems OK, network is up, sound installed, printer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to get 6800GT (AGP) to work?

Trying to load Mandriva 2007 on an older AMD based machine, using the graphical install interface. At the final configuration page, everything seems OK, network is up, sound installed, printer installed, then I try to setup X windows......
    Can't seem to find a graphics card selection that will actually work. Of course when I test one, I'm now stuck in a mode not supported by the monitor (or card) and can't do anything at that point..

Graphics card is an ASUS 6800GT (model V9999GT)

How do I back out of a botched test? How do I at least get generic VGA monitor support?????

As root, you can edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf so that in the "Device" section, the Driver is "nv". That should get you a rudimentary X server. From that point, I'd recommend going to Nvidia's Web site and downloading the Linux drivers so you can get good resolutions and 3D support.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close