Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey there, i recently installed mandriva 2007 on my laptop. I've now been looking to create an iso image from a dvd. After i googled this i came up with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Create an iso from a disc in mandriva

Hey there, i recently installed mandriva 2007 on my laptop. I've now been looking to create an iso image from a dvd.

After i googled this i came up with a few results but even after downloading the files I'm unsure as what to do next as there is no apparent installer.

As you can tell I'm relatively new to linux but so far i think its excellent and would really appreciate some help with this.

The results i came up with were

DVD::rip www.exit1.org/dvdrip
    Acid rip

And finally installing dvd decrypter through wine, i managed to get wine installed but couldn't seem to find it in the applications list and I'm unsure as where the alternative of program files are in linux.

cheers
    Last edited by nDrg; 01-18-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: mis print

Just Joined!
    Hi nDrg,
    Your Mandriva 2007 should have K3b for CD/DVD writing. You can create iso image from K3b.

Good luck.

Just Joined!
    try these

mkisofs -o <dvdtitle> -J -A -V -v -r /dev/<cdrecorder>

where cdrecorder could be /dev/hdb if its on IDE bus and u have 1 harddrive.

mount -v

will give you information as to the name of the cdrecorder. Post your succes s or failure.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Cheers the command line thing worked a treat just getting used to linux, should be a good learning curve

Just Joined!
    I'm happy it worked for you.